Eliminating body fat can be a battle and even with a balanced diet, exercise and healthy lifestyle, the body can still hold onto pockets of unwanted fat. Over the years, there has been a pioneering growth in innovative treatments that have helped to target unwanted fat cells without having to take the surgical approach. These non-surgical treatments include Thermage FLX, Accent Prime, Aqualyx and Endermologie and whilst they include skin-tightening technologies, the more popular treatment has taken shape between Liposonix and CoolSculpting.
One of the reasons for this is the dangers that have made the headlines around CoolSculpting treatments. Whether you have heard about CoolSculpting or want to compare its safer alternative, ahead we break down the advantages of Liposonix vs CoolSculpting.
What is Liposonix & CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting uses cooling technologies to selectively target fat cells in a particular area, the ‘fat freezing’ treatment crystallizes the fat cells and breaks them down either by manual massage or using radio waves. The treatment targets fat cells and doesn’t affect the skin or tissues around the area. Whereas Liposonix, an FDA-approved treatment that harnesses high-intensity-focused-ultrasound technology permanently disrupts and destroys fat cells. Focusing its energy 1-2cm below the skin’s surface ensures the skin or tissues do not get damaged, making the treatment safe and extremely effective. The damaged fat cells that have been targeted by the beam, then become subject to the body’s natural healing process, which then encourages the transportation to the liver with the disrupted fat being metabolised by the organ.
What are the differences between Liposonix & CoolSculpting?
– Liposonix is much more precise than CoolSculpting, it can target smaller and larger areas across the whole body. Whereas CoolSculpting can only target the stomach, back and love handles.
– Liposonix reduces accumulated fat.
– Liposonix is a much quicker process and treatment time.
– CoolSculpting has its restrictions and is a cheaper treatment.
– Liposonix is considered more painful as a treatment but pain thresholds do vary.
– Liposonix results are greater in significance but can take longer to appear as opposed to CoolSculpting.
– Both treatments are very effective fat-reduction options that utilise approved techniques for fat reduction. Whilst CoolSculpting has been more popular, Liposonix shouldn’t be ignored as it’s more versatile with greater results in the long run (alongside a healthy diet and exercise). However, with any treatment, each body is different and for an in depth and thorough analysis on the best treatment for you – booking in a consultation with our team is strongly recommended.
Interested in our range of fat reduction treatments? Speak to our experts now.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
To request a non-surgical consultation with our practitioners please complete this form.