Rejuvenation for Face, Neck and Jawline in One Procedure
As a maxillofacial surgeon with more than 15 years of surgical and non-surgical experience, facial treatments are one of Dr. Alexandrides’ true passions and areas of expertise. Drawing upon his wealth of skills and background in facial reconstructive surgery, Dr Alexandrides developed a revolutionary facelift technique to give natural results with limited recovery time: the Y FaceLift.
The 111 Difference
- Consultation with the Surgeon – Each Y Facelift consultation is with the surgeon that will perform your surgery.
- Natural Results – One procedure to give you younger looking and more lifted face, neck and jawline. Procedures are performed under the skin and then the skin is carefully tightened over the top for a natural looking result.
- Our Technique – By combining procedures, the Y Facelift also offers unparalleled benefits to patients, including shorter scars than those from a traditional face lift and faster recovery with return to normal life within just ten days.
- Inclusive Service – At 111 Harley we are with you every step of the way and make sure you feel comfortable during the whole process. We offer complimentary follow-up consultations.
- Testimonials – One patient commented, “As expected – swift, professional and excellent service. No pain or discomfort, excellent aftercare and brilliant results (up to now). Once again my total confidence in Yannis has been justified.”
During one procedure, Dr Alexandrides is able to rejuvenate the face and neck, and improve the contour of the jaw line*. The Y Face Lift earns its name because of the shape of the position of steps undertaken.
*Results are variable.
What To Expect
How Long the Procedure Takes
A general anaesthetic is required and usually requires an overnight stay in hospital. The procedure lasts approximately three hours.
An incision is made around the lower half of the ear, which is camouflaged by natural creases, reducing scar visibility*. Liposculpture is performed if necessary and then the skin flaps are carefully separated from the underlying muscles. The first procedure is a Baker SMA Sectomy where a section of the SMAS tissue, which overlies the muscles in the cheeks is removed and then the remaining tissue is sutured back together. This reduces the loose skin around the nasal and lip area and aims to accentuate the cheek bones.
Next, a procedure called a Lateral Platysma Plication is performed to tighten the neck and improve the profile of the neck. This involves the Platysma muscles in the neck being folded and stitched.
Finally, a Jawline SMAS Plication is carried out, where the SMAS tissue is folded and stitched along the jawline to achieve jawline definition and rejuvenation of the neck. The skin is then tightened over the muscles and stitched.
* We take every measure to reduce the appearance of scarring, but the scars severity may also depend on genetics and lifestyle. You will be advised on how to minimise the appearance of scarring.
Even though the newer techniques are believed to reduce some post-operative discomforts, you may still experience some pain. You are likely to feel tired and sore for a few days following your surgery. Plan to take it easy for the first week after surgery and take time of work.
Keep your head elevated and still as possible for a couple of days after surgery. Bandages, when used, are usually removed after one to five days. The stitches and clips are removed within 1-2 weeks after surgery, depending on your rate of recovery. Any residual swelling, bruising or changes to the skin’s sensitivity and sensation could take up to 1 year to resolve.
To learn more about non surgical skin tightening treatment please click here.
Browse our ‘Before & After’ pictures below