Women often have an idealisation of the perfect breasts which embody femininity. They are often comparative to those images we see every day in magazines and movies, online and through pictures of our favourite celebrities. Many women cannot help but compare themselves to these images and feel their own breasts do not match up to their ideals hence looking for a breast enlargement.
Implants for a Shapelier, More Balanced You
From push up bras, to clothing with strategic detailing, bras with extra padding, to the famous ‘chicken fillets’… there are numerous ways to enhance the breasts. Yet it can be tiring and difficult to always ensure you’re wearing the right clothes or the right bra to give you the breasts you want. Being unhappy with your breasts can also leave you feeling unhappy in yourself, and with a lack of confidence. If you think having you ideal size and shape would make you feel more confident and happier with yourself then breast enlargement, or augmentation, may be for you.
Breast Enlargement Surgery Technique
Here at 111 Harley St. the patient’s satisfaction is of upmost importance to us, and we ensure that anyone considering a breast enlargement is aware of all the surgical options available and the results that can realistically be achieved. This is why we highly value personal consultations with a surgeon, and your operation will only be performed by someone who specialises in breast enlargement and who is on the UK Plastics Surgery Specialists Register.
The 111 Difference
- Consultation with the Surgeon- Each breast enlargement consultation is with the surgeon who will perform your surgery
- More Natural- Our techniques will give you a very natural appearance, but with ‘more natural’ we go one step further
- Inclusive Service– We are with you every step of the way and make sure you feel comfortable during the whole process. We offer complimentary follow up consultations
- Range of Techniques– We are one of the few clinics to use the trans axillary, or armpit incision, for a more natural look. You will have the choice of which technique and which incision is used
- Lifetime Assurance – Our implants come with a lifetime assurance against defects and their manufacture if regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) the world’s toughest medical approval authority
- Wide Range of Implants– With the widest range of implants including Natrelle, we can achieve the most natural look and feel
- Visualise yourself– We are one of a limited number of clinics in London which uses Bio Dynamic Analysis, a visual tool to help you to fully understand and visualise the impact of different sized breast implants
- Our Surgeons- We specialise in performing multiple procedures during one operation to minimise the possible risks associated with general anaesthesia and lessen recovery time. Some patients may opt for a breast enlargement or tummy tuck at the same time, but it is important to discuss this with your surgeon beforehand so they can show you the most suitable options for achieving the figure you want
The skill of our surgeons allows us to offer the widest range of breast enlargement options and include the option to introduce the implant through one of three insertion points
- Below the breast: This type of incision is one of the most common. With this procedure the implant is inserted under the breast in the crease where the breast meets the chest. Post-op the enlarged breast hangs over the scars hiding it from view.
- Around the areola: this is a virtually scar-free option where the incision is made in an area which, due to its colour and texture, renders the incision point barely. This is a popular technique for those who wish to outwardly conceal their breast enlargement as far as possible. Through this incision it is also possible to form a mini-breast-lift.
- Under the armpit: Implants can be inserted from under the armpit, again this is a virtually scar free procedure as any residual scarring is not visible when the arms are not elevated.
No matter how skilled the surgeon, there will always be some residual scarring. For many women this is not an issue, but for some it can be a major concern and we can offer treatments to help with this. Fraxel Scar Revision technology can be offered as a treatment plan as part of recovery, which can reduce visible scarring by up to 80%.
More Information About Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast Lift vs Breast Augmentation: What’s The Difference? - With so many different surgical procedures available, and different terms used to describe them, it's no wonder that sometimes people can be left feeling a little bit confused about which procedure is actually right for them. Whether you are considered breast surgery yourself or would just like to have a bit more information about the types of procedure available, this blog will explain the difference between breast augmentation and a breast lift.
- What Is Involved In A ‘Mummy Makeover’ - Having children is a wonderful process, which a number of women wish and hope to experience. However with pregnancy come a lot of changes to the body. Pregnancy affects each women differently, some women are able to bounce back within a few months without any signs of previously expecting a child, but for others they may feel like pregnancy has ‘ravaged’ their body. Age and genetics both play a role in how the body recovers after pregnancy, but loose, sagging skin, stubborn fat, stretch marks and a loss of fullness and firmness in the breasts are all common after childbirth and pregnancy.
Breast Implants- What to expect
The surgery will usually take one to three hours. An incision will be made either below the breast, around the areola or under the armpit and every care is taken to ensure that the resulting scars will be as minimal as possible. Working through the incision, the surgeon will lift the breast tissue and skin to create a pocket, either directly behind the breast tissue or underneath the chest wall muscle. The implants are then cantered beneath the nipples, and stitches are used to close the incisions, which also may be taped for extra support.
Following the operation you will likely experience some fluid drainage from the incisions. Occasionally, small drainage tubes may be inserted beneath the skin for a few days to prevent fluid build-up. They will usually be removed before you are discharged from the hospital. A drip may be inserted in your arm to keep you hydrated but as soon as you can drink enough fluids it will be removed. To control swelling and help your skin better fit its new contours, you will be fitted with a supporting bra that you will need to wear day and night for six weeks following surgery. You will usually be able to resume normal activity within one week, and exercise after six.
Browse our Before & After pictures below: