Botulinum toxin (which is in fact a neurotoxic protein) has become a household name as an anti-aging treatment. As we age, fine lines and wrinkles can develop. These are due to expressive movement in the muscles under the surface of the skin. Initially, they are dynamic – only present during movement – but with time they will progress to become static lines, or wrinkles. When used on small muscles in the upper face, it smoothes out wrinkles, frown lines and crows’ feet.
Botox in London
Many of us in London especially lead busy lives and after a while that pressure starts to show; ever increasing numbers of people now seek these anti wrinkle injections as a way of turning back the clock and removing the signs of premature ageing. The treatment is quick and convenient and in the hands of trained specialists very safe and affordable.
- Botulinum Toxin, is a naturally occurring protein which causes muscles to relax, resulting in a refreshed and rejuvenated appearance.
- Existing lines are softened as the underlying muscles are relaxed.
- The effects last from 3-6 months. The muscles are no longer able to flex, preventing new lines forming on the injected area.
- The treatment is extremely safe, having been studied for use in people for over 100 years, and having been the subject of over 2000 peer reviewed studies and research papers. The results achieved are dependent on the skill of the injector, not the product itself.
What To Expect
Anti-wrinkle injections are a relatively non-invasive facial rejuvenation treatment, which is less harsh than many cosmetic surgery procedures. Local anaesthetic can be applied to the areas to be treated, which means the procedure is usually painless. The toxin is administered using very fine needles; you may feel a very slight scratch as the fine needle is applied to the areas you want to target.
There is no downtime, but you may experience slight bruising at the injection site. The results can be seen in a matter of days, and take an average of two weeks to be fully apparent.
Botox is a widely available treatment; however it remains a prescription only medicine, and should only be prescribed and administered by specialists with suitable training and experience. The many unwanted side effects of botulinum toxin treatment, such as a frozen appearance, heavy eyelids or a shocked expression, are usually the result of inexperienced application so choosing an experienced practitioner is crucial.
Why choose 111 Harley St. clinic in London
- All our injectable treatments are performed by highly experienced cosmetic surgeons or aesthetic nurses who will tailor the procedure and doses to your requirements, in order to get the best results.
- We take pride on our expertise, achieving personalised and subtle results which soften the signs of aging without appearing obvious, or eliminating facial expression.
- We are a Care Quality Commission approved service, and all of our clinical staff are registered with the General Medical Council or Nursing and Midwifery Council. You can be certain your treatment is carried out by a licensed professional.
- The botulinum toxin used at 111 Harley St. is made by Allergan, is well recognised professionally as the gold standard among the variety of toxins available. The treatment is fully approved by the FDA*.
- We know your time is precious, and we are happy to accommodate you at a time which is convenient, such as during lunch breaks or after work.
- The treatment is the UK’s most popular cosmetic procedure, because it is suitable for almost everyone. If you have wrinkles or forehead lines you wish to reduce, then this treatment is likely to be the perfect option. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us; we offer a complimentary consultation ahead of any treatment.
More Information About Botox
- My Botox Experience - At 24, I’m considered a young candidate to consider Botox to the general public. That said, I do have visible horizontal lines in my forehead when my face is resting. According to Head Aesthetic Nurse Karishma “if you have finely etched lines when your face is at rest, then you are a good candidate.” The lines are not very deep, […]
- Anti-Ageing Injectable Treatments - Facial wrinkles can appear prematurely and they can make you feel self-conscious, you may feel the same way if your wrinkles are particularly deep. Skincare can go a long way to improving the look of your skin but if you feel you're in need of an extra boost then anti-ageing injectable treatments are one options. There are several different treatments available, depending on the the condition of your skin.
- Botox Myths – We Tell All - Quite often we hear of the negative side effects of Botox, and about those who have had poor results, which can make us feel Botox is unwise, unsafe and risky. Although Botox is one of the most popular non-surgical treatments worldwide, there are many myths which persist about it and which give Botox a bad name. We've debunked three of the most Botox myths for you below
- We Discuss The Other Uses For Botox - Botox is known to many people as a highly effective facial treatment which reduces the appearance of wrinkles, but it can help in other areas too
|Single||Course of 3*||Single||Course of 3*|
BOTOX® is a registered trade mark of Allergan, Inc.
At 111 Harley St. we offer a complimentary skin consultation. Book an appointment today.
Browse our before & after treatment photos below:
Cosmetic Surgery Disclaimer
BEFORE & AFTER photos are NOT guarantees that your results will be the same or even similar: your results will likely vary significantly — because you are a unique person. Our Aestheticians take great pride in their patient care ethics, precise surgical measurements, custom planning & their advanced techniques.