Laser hair removal treatments in London
Hair can also grow in unwanted places, which can leave us feeling self-conscious and embarrassed. Some women may have facial hair, and men may have excessive hair growth on their back or chest, which can affect the self-confidence.
If you have excessive hair growth, unwanted body or facial hair or no longer want to go through the time-consuming processes associated with other methods of hair removal, then this may be the ideal solution for you. Suitable for all skin types, whether you are fair, Asian or African, laser hair removal reduces and eliminates hair growth, whilst preventing ingrown hairs. It is suitable for brown or black hair, unfortunately it cannot treat red, blonde, grey or white hair because the hair needs to be dark and enriched with melanin in order to be removed.
- The treatment eliminates the need for painful and time-consuming depilation practices such as shaving, waxing, threading and plucking
- It can be used on unwanted hair in any region
- It is a rapid treatment as each laser pulse only takes a fraction of a second. Small areas, such as above the lip can be treated in a matter of minutes, and larger areas like the legs of chest, can be treated in an hour
- Treatment is precise as lasers selectively target the hair follicle without damaging the surrounding skin
- Reduces areas of ingrowth, eliminating discomfort and resulting in smooth skin
- Predictable and long lasting laser hair removal removes up to 79% of hair after a course of treatments
- It is safe and reliable
- Relatively painless**We appreciate that pain is subjective and patient’s pain thresholds may vary
What to expect
Laser hair removal involves a course of treatments; the number required will vary depending on hair density and the area targeted for hair reduction. The area treated is covered with the laser in a systematic fashion, ensuring the entire surface is exposed to the laser and the maximum number of hair follicles affected.
Laser devices use a laser beam, which passes through the skin to individual hair follicles. The heat from the laser beam penetrates the hair follicle, which prevents future hair growth. Used by appropriately qualified professionals, lasers can be reliable, safe, and produce consistent results.
The procedure is relatively painless* and there is no downtime following a treatment. Areas that are quite bony such as the ankle or elbow are the least comfortable to treat, and local anaesthetic cream can be supplied if required.
You can continue to shave or trim hair between laser hair removal treatments; however waxing, plucking, threading and epilation of hair must be stopped once laser removal treatment begins, as they make fewer hair follicles visible to the laser and therefore reduce treatment efficacy.
Hair responds differently to lasers at various stages in its growth cycle; as hairs in any area are at varying stages of growth at any one time, a course of treatments is required to reduce as much hair growth as possible. Typically, body areas such as the legs or chest might require 6-8 treatments, and facial areas 8-12 treatments. Maintenance treatments may be required once or twice a year, depending on skin type and ethnicity, and hormonal changes such as pregnancy can also result in further treatment being required.
*We appreciate that pain is subjective and patient’s pain thresholds may vary
Why choose 111 Harley St. for Laser Hair Removal?
- We use the most advanced laser machines which are suitable for all skin types. Whether your skin tone is fair, Asian or African our laser treatments are safe and reliable.
- All of our aesthetic practitioners are trained to the highest standard, and will ensure your treatment plan is tailored to give the best results.
- We use Cynosure lasers, which can result in hair reduction of up to 79% after a course of treatments.
- Our lasers use the two safest and most effective wavelengths; this means more than one laser treatment can be performed in one visit. If you have other concerns which might be treated by laser, such as thread veins or scarring, these can be dealt with in one session.
- Our ethos is to ensure the best results for our clients, using the best technology available.
- All treatments are provided on a very individual basis; we offer a complimentary consultation where you can discuss any queries you have.
How many treatments are required
An average of 60% in hair reduction can occur following one course of eight treatments, however this varies from patient to patient. Multiple treatments are required because hair responds differently at various stages in the hair growth cycle and the effectiveness of the treatment is also related to hair colour. You may also require maintenance treatments once or twice a year to maintain results, depending on your skin type and ethnicity.
|Course of 8|
(Course of 3)
|Earlobes; Between Eyebrows; Nose||£35||£210||£88|
|Upper Lip; Cheeks; Nipples; Fingers; Toes||£75||£450||£188|
|Chin; Sideburns; Jawline; Naval Pubis; Perianal||£85||£510||£212|
|Hands & Fingers; Feet & Toes; Upper Lip & Chin; Jawline & Chin; Jawline & Sideburns; Neck; Underarms; Bikini||£105||£630||£262|
|Upper Lip, Chin & Jawline; Chin, Jawline & Sideburns; Brazilian inc Perianal; Shoulder Blades; Shoulders||£125||£750||£312|
|Half Face; Bikini & Under Arms; Hollywood inc Perianal; Lower or Upper Arms; Abdomen; Chest; Half Back; Buttock||£150||£900||£375|
|Full Face; Brazilian & Under Arms||£180||£1,080||£450|
|Full Face & Neck; Hollywood & Under Arms; Lower Leg; Full Arms||£210||£1,260||£525|
|Thighs; Full Back & Shoulder Blades||£240||£1,440||£600|
|Full Back, Shoulder Blades & Shoulders,|
Lower Leg & Bikini (any type)
|Full Back, Shoulder Blades, Shoulders & Upper Arms;|
Lower Leg, Bikini (any type) & Under Arms
Full Leg & Bikini (any type)
|Full Leg & Bikini (any type) & Under Arms||£480||£2,880||£1,200|
|Men’s Upper Body inc any / all: Chest, Abdomen, Full Back, Shoulder Blades, Shoulders, Upper Arms||£550||£3,300||£1,375|
|Women’s Full Body inc any / all: Chest, Abdomen, Full Back, Buttocks, Full Arms, Under Arms, Bikini, Perianal, Full Leg||£600||£3,600||£1,500|
|Men’s Full Body inc any / all: Chest, Abdomen, Full Back, Buttocks, Full Arms, Under Arms, Bikini, Perianal, Full Leg||£700||£4,200||£1,750|
We offer a complimentary skin consultation with our specialist nurse. Book an appointment today.
Browse our Before & After pictures below: