Liquid Rhinoplasty is most commonly recommended to temporarily correct areas such as a drooping nasal tip, dorsal hump or to create general symmetry in the area. We would use alternative methods such as Botulinum toxin to treat flaring or wide nostrils as well as correct a drooping nasal tip, resulting from facial expressions. Hyaluronic Acid Fillers or Radiesse (longer-lasting dermal filler) to help re-shape the nose, creating the aesthetically pleasing and desired nose job.
Liquid Rhinoplasty has both advantages and disadvantages like most procedures. Starting with the advantages.
* More time-friendly, taking between 15-30 minutes compared to a 1–4-hour time frame for surgical rhinoplasty and minimal downtime needed.
* Whilst topical anaesthesia is applied, the patient has more control over there overall desired look by guiding the doctor.
* If HA filler is used, the treatment is reversible.
* More affordable.
However, some disadvantages to Liquid Rhinoplasty include.
* Offering results that are only temporary, more treatments will be needed to maintain the new shape.
* The procedure isn’t suitable for all nose queries – for example it isn’t able to fix a deviated septum, twisted nose or permanently reduce or realign the nose.
Surgical Rhinoplasty is still one of the most common and leading surgical procedures to date. Existing with the Aesthetics Triangle (what we all primarily lookout for on individuals – the eyes and nose) and one of the most important organs in the human body. Surgical Rhinoplasty has the advanced results that can alter and, in some cases, transform the size, length, width and shape of both the nose and nostrils.
Surgical Rhinoplasty is commonly a 1 to 4-hour surgery with a further 1 day follow up with the surgical nurse to check on the healing process. If all continues to go well, there will be a further check-up 10-days after the procedure to change the dressing and removal of any stitches.
Patients should expect surgical dressing and stitches depending on what was changed but be warned, you will be advised to sleep at a 30-degree angle to help reduce swelling. They may also experience bruising, swelling and a blocked nose post-surgery but should be able to return to work after 2 weeks.
Like Liquid Rhinoplasty, there are advantages and disadvantages to Surgical Rhinoplasty, advantages include.
* An increased chance of the desired result with size, width, shape and length.
* If you suffer from restricted breathing or congestion, a surgical re-structure will be beneficial
* Results are permanent and more than one surgery can be completed at the one time.
Again, some disadvantages would include.
* Minor discomfort and visible swelling and bruising
* Prolonged recovery with special care needed to avoid infection
* Satisfaction isn’t immediate until swelling has gone down, also cartilage and nasal tissue changed – results can’t be predicted.
* If results aren’t desired, you will need to wait up to a year for further surgery.
To request a free consultation, please complete this form.
Our Patient Advisors are contactable via phone Monday to Friday from the hours of 10:00 – 18:00